Tips for Hiring the Right Public Adjuster
If you are a home or business owner who has recently suffered a property loss and you need help, hire a public adjuster. Like any person you would hire, take your time, get references and ask the right questions before hiring a public adjuster. Use our guide for hiring a public adjuster to help you hire the quality public adjuster you need and deserve.
Ask the public adjuster for a list of 5 years’ worth of local references. The list should include the name, phone number and the date that the public adjuster assisted each person on the list with their insurance claim. All references listed should be claims that the public adjuster personally settled. Contact each reference and ask them the following questions:
- If you had another disaster, would you hire this public adjuster again?
- Do you feel the fee you paid for representation was worth the service you received?
- After you signed a contract, did he or she stay involved in the claim?
- How long did it take to settle the claim?
- Was your settlement enough to restore the property to its prior condition?
- Was your settlement sufficient to replace your personal property?
- Did the public adjuster spend the time needed to negotiate even small dollar amounts?
Once you have answers from the references, ask the public adjuster to answer some questions for you and ask them the following questions:
- Will they be the person working on your claim?
- How long has the public adjuster been licensed and settling claims?
- Do they live locally and/or are they familiar with your state, county, and city laws?
- Are they a member of the Florida Association of Public Adjusters?
- What percentage of the claim will they charge as their fee?
- What fee am I charged if the claim gets denied?
Advocate Claims is licensed public adjusting company in Florida. Our president, Steven Venook, has been providing superior property damage services for over 10 years. Advocate Claims helps to empower the policy hold and maximize your insurance claim for the settlement you deserve. Call 954-369-0573 today to learn why our public adjusters are the best choice to represent you!