Can Everyday Décor and Events Lead to a Condo Insurance Claim?
With the seasons changing, people start stoking the home fires more. We’re lighting candles and cooking more as well as turning on lights earlier and keeping them on longer. It’s important to be mindful that these areas are also common sources of house fires.
Here are 3 things to be mindful of as we head into the cooler months:
- Candles – Never leave candles unattended. Especially if you have animals or small children in the house or if you are prone to nodding off. It only takes a second for a candle to tip and the flame to wick furniture or other flammable materials in your If you like candles but have active animals or small children, consider flameless candles.
- Lamps – Make sure table and floor lamp bulbs are not touching draperies or other flammable fabrics as they can catch fire and spread rapidly.
- Meal preparation – Cooler weather finds more people in the kitchen cooking and with that comes the risk of unattended stovetops or overheating pans that can lead to kitchens going up in flames. It’s important to remember to keep unattended stovetops to a bare minimum. Also, keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen in case you have a sudden unexpected kitchen fire.
We often overlook the simple and the everyday as causes for major fires but they are often the biggest causes of them. At Advocate Claims, our public adjusters have learned that most losses are preventable and caused by accidents with everyday items and fixtures as opposed to the extraordinary.
For over 10 years, Advocate Claims public adjusters have been helping homeowners with home and home insurance related questions. If you have recently suffered a loss, Advocate Claims can help. Contact our public adjusters today at 954-369-0573 to speak with a licensed public adjuster about the condo insurance claim process and what we can do to help.