Umbrella Insurance Coverage – What It Is and Why You Need It
Most Florida homeowners have adequate homeowner’s insurance coverage but what if there is a serious accident on your property and you cannot afford the medical bills? Or what if someone sues you for something that happened on your property, even if it was not your fault? It is important to be covered for all of life’s mishaps by getting umbrella insurance.
Umbrella insurance provides coverage above and beyond the limits of your standard policy. Umbrella insurance coverage would include:
- Additional liability coverage to protect all of your assets. Making sure all of your assets are adequately covered in the event of a mishap or catastrophe.
- Coverage for claims such as invasion of privacy or false arrest. In the age of the internet and cyber-crimes, making sure that you have adequate coverage for even the unfathomable is important.
- Coverage against property damage. If someone else’s property, or yours, is damaged while on your property, you want to ensure that you have enough insurance to cover it.
Having umbrella insurance coverage can help you in various situations, including, and not limited to:
- Personal liability situations
- Trip and falls on your property
- Damage caused by the family pet
- A child accidentally running into fine art or
- The irreplaceable China that just got knocked over and shattered.
Umbrella insurance coverage is typically very affordable, but it is important to check with your public adjuster to see what kind of coverage you need. Advocate Claims can recommend the perfect coverage to fit your lifestyle, assets, and everyday needs.
For over 10 years, Advocate Claims’ public adjusters have been helping homeowners with their insurance claims and appraisals. If you have recently experienced a loss, Advocate Claims can help. Contact us today at 954-369-0573 to speak with a licensed public adjuster about the insurance claim process and what we can do to help.