Hurricane Insurance Post-Loss Checklist
Hurricanes are a natural disaster that are expected when you live in the Sunshine State. Even though every Florida homeowner is likely to have hurricane shutters and hurricane shatter-proof glass for their home, hurricane preparedness goes farther than just preparing the outside of your home.
Public adjusters in Plantation, Florida want homeowners to be aware of everything that hurricane preparedness entails, which is why our licensed public adjusters have created a hurricane insurance post-loss checklist to help guide you through the basic steps that you should take with your home and filing a hurricane insurance claim.
- Get with a local public adjuster in Plantation to review your homeowner’s insurance policy or commercial property insurance policy.
- Be prompt about hiring a Florida public adjuster in order to be proactive with your hurricane insurance policy claim. Hire a public adjuster first to go over everything, then have them contact your insurance company to get the claim process started.
- As a homeowner, it is your job to make sure that no further damage is caused in your home; as a business owner, it is your job to make sure that your commercial property does not suffer additional damage as well, so make temporary repairs to prevent mold and mildew. Cover and patch holes in the roof or broken windows so that pilferers or future inclement weather does not cause more damage.
- Make sure that your licensed public adjuster in Plantation, Florida helps you properly assess your property damage.
- The very last part of your hurricane insurance checklist is to make sure that you keep copies of all receipts during the entire recovery process. Keep receipts for temporary housing, temporary repairs, and private contractors that you hire, etc.
Advocate Claims Public Adjusters in Plantation can help you properly assess your residential or commercial property damage and help streamline the insurance claim process. Our hurricane insurance checklist is just part of our No Recovery – No Fee service and No Obligation Consultation. Advocate Claims is BBB accredited and works to empower the policyholder. For more information regarding your homeowner’s insurance policy or commercial property insurance and hurricane claims, contact our main office in Coconut Creek at 954-369-0573.